This enhanced Porta II Mount features a taller tripod, a triangle tray for better stability, and long flexible Japanese made handles. The standard Porta II Mount's tripod expands to 47 1/2" while this Tall model expands to 60 1/2". Vixen's Porta II Mount is a solid alt-azimuth mount with a 15lb payload capacity. This is very useful in searching and tracking celestial objects, or ships at sea and birds in trees.
The Sky at Night Magazine says: "When moving the telescope around the sky with this mount, we found any vibrations quickly dampened down. The whole system was very stable, even when the tripod was at its maximum extended height"*.
The Porta II Mount head is easily removed to allow for a switch to a heavier tripod. In addition, this is a great mount for terrestrial viewing. With no locks or clutches, the gear drives make it a simple matter to precisely track a planet or a ship on the horizon by turning the elevation and/or azimuth control handles. The “World-Standard” dovetail attachment system on PORTA II was developed by Vixen. This allows the PORTA II Alt-azimuth mount to accept various dovetail mounted optical tubes and binoculars.
- Mount: Port II Altazimuth Mount Tripod: Aluminum 2 section
- Adjustable height; Tallest: 67 inches (170 cm) tall to the Altitude rotation point. Shortest: 40 Inches (100cm)
- Mount Weight: 15 lb including tripod
- Load Capacity: 20 lbs
- Vertical and Horizontal Slow Motion: 120Tooth Wheel Gears whole circle movement
- Friction control system
- Telescope Attachment: Dove Tail Plate Accessories :High quality slow motion handles, Metal triangle tray.