Superb visual use with quality hardware fit for astroimaging. This is an achromatic refractor, meaning that the lens system corrects for chromatic aberration. It has a shorter focal length than many refractors, so wider fields of view are possible for viewing those deep sky objects on clear nights.
Vixen’s newest scope, the A62SS, is designed to complement the Advanced Polaris Mount.
- Very portable, this OTA is meant to be used often and to travel, especially as the dew shield retracts to allow the instrument to fit in its included carry case.
- Achromatic optical design with multi-coated lenses bring clear, high contrast images
- High quality, fully rotatable Crayford style focuser holds your eyepiece or gear securely with a compression ring. Focuser rotates, allowing convenient camera positioning for astroimaging.
- Friction focusing system offers smooth, precision operation
- 62mm aperture, f/8
- Both 1/4"-20 and 3/8"-16 mounting holes allow it to be attached to either camera or telescope tripod heads
In the Box
- Vixen A62SS Refractor OTA
- Soft Case
- Dovetail Mounting Plate
- 5 year Manufacturer Warranty
Achromatic objective: D-62mm, f=520mm (f/8.4), multi coated optics
Resolving Power: 1.87 arc seconds
Limiting Magnitude: 10.7
Light Gathering Power: 78x unaided eye
Finder Scope: Not included
Adapter Thread: 42mm for T ring, 37mm for filter
Visual Back: 31.7mm push-fit, with compression ring
Focuser: Crayford Type focuser, rotatable
Accessories: Built in dovetail mounting plate, Soft carry case Size: 75mm x 370mm (305mm long for storage) Weight: 3.3 lbs.