The Night Sky is widely recognized by the amateur astronomy and educational communities as the overall best planisphere on the market.
With instructions printed on the back for handy reference you will be locating constellations and select deep sky objects within minutes.
The Night Sky is NOT a conventional planisphere! No flat map can remove all distortion, but with its pioneering two-sided design The Night Sky eliminates over 90% of the distortion inherent in conventional one-sided planispheres.
You can choose the small, pocket version or the large version, which is good for ease of viewing and sharing.
Be sure to select the correct latitude version for your observing location to get the most accurate representation of the sky above. Use the map below.
The Night Sky is Designed to be Used!
- Unlike coffee-table planispheres, The Night Sky is printed with dark stars on a light background, for easy nighttime readability.
- The constellations are drawn simply, emphasizing the brighter stars which makes them easy to recognize and locate with the naked eye or entry level equipment.
- Coordinate grid lines are shown without being intrusive. Coordinates are shown because they can be useful for cross referencing with star atlases.
- A selection of deep sky objects for binocular viewing is included. It is important to point out to beginners that the best first telescope is a pair of binoculars. You may already have what it takes to start observing tonight!
- The Night Sky is larger than it looks! The map scale is larger than on similar-size planispheres because the whole sky does not have to be shown on a single map. Even the 5″ pocket version is large enough to be quite readable.