The Sky-Watcher Starlux 190 Maksutov-Newtonian Telescope is an astrophotography powerhouse. It is ideal for the photographer looking for the wider aperture of a Newtonian but with a faster focal length than a typical Maksutov-Cassegrain.
Most Newtonians require a lot of aftermarket tinkering to be ready for photography, and even then they're often flawed. The Sky-Watcher Starlux 190 utilizes an objective corrector lens, which creates a flat field, free of coma aberration. Also, all optical elements are purposefully aligned so that both DSLR and CCD cameras can be used easily.
Take advantage of Sky-Watcher's insistence on high quality optics. The design features borosilicate primary and secondary mirrors treated with quartz, achieving 94% reflectivity. The front corrector element is made of highly sought-after Schott Glass. The secondary element attaches to this front element, eliminating the need for support arms, and thus eliminating troublesome diffraction spikes.
- Innovative optical design that renders the Newtonian design ideal for astrophotography - able to accept CCD and DSLR cameras easily.
- Wide aperture (190mm) and relatively fast focal ratio (f/5.3) for bright images and ample field of view
- Top-notch optical elements, both glass and mirrors
- 2” dual-speed 10:1 Crayford focuser is heavy duty enough to firmly hold even heavier optical accessories
- Includes a 2" t-ring adapter and an 8x50 right angle, erect-image finderscope
In the box
- 190 mm Maksutov-Newtonian 1000 mm (f/5.3)
- 2” dual-speed 10:1 Crayford focuser
- 8x50 right angle correct image finderscope
- 2” t-ring adapter
- Black V-style dovetail plate
- Sky-Watcher 2 Year Limited Warranty