About the Sky-Watcher Skymax 90 Maksutov-Cassegrain Telescope
A Maksutov-Cassegrain (MAK) telescope is the choice for astronomers who are after detailed lunar and planetary views, even at high magnification. Narrow-field, deep sky objects such as planetary nebulae and globular clusters are also brilliantly on view.
The MAK design is especially suited to urban astronomers who value the grab-n-go combination of wide aperture and portability when heading for darker skies on the edge of town. But even when set up in light-polluted backyards, these telescopes are known to perform well, as a function of their longer focal length and high-contrast optics.
Even though the Skymax 90 is the most compact of the series, its long f/13.8 ratio combined with its quality optics make the details pop when viewing solar-system objects, without the need for Barlow lenses or other accessories.
- Maksutov-Cassegrain design delivers high-contrast, diffraction limited 'refractor-like' views, but with much greater magnification, great for visual astronomy or astrophotography
- Highly reflective borosilicate primary and secondary mirrors with quartz overcoat
- Meniscus-shaped corrective lens provides images completely free of aberration
- Comes with a full array of accessories, including a red dot finder and a 1.25” 90 degree Star diagonal
- Includes two Plössl eyepieces (10mm and 25mm)
- Black V-style dovetail plate is compatible with many mounts
In the box
- Sky-Watcher 90mm Maksutov-Cassegrain OTA 1250 mm (f/13.8)
- Red Dot finder
- 1.25” 90 degree Star diagonal
- 25mm and 10mm Super Plössl eyepieces
- ¼-20 Mounting plate
- Soft travel bag