About the Sky-Watcher Skymax 180 Maksutov-Cassegrain Telescope
Due to its full 7" diameter and substantial 2700mm focal length, this is the ultimate instrument for planetary and lunar viewing. Bright images with stunning detail will fill the eyepiece. For the same reasons, narrow-field, deep-sky objects, such as planetary nebulae and globular clusters, are on brilliant display.
Maksutov-Cassegrains (MAKs) are well known to perform exceptionally well even in light polluted situations, making this a good option for city-dwellers. Also, since MAKs are designed to be compact, they are the easiest telescopes to pack into the car and get out of town to the nearest dark sky location.
The Skymax 180 has refractor-like optics, but in a much more compact package and with much higher magnification potential, even without Barlow lenses or other accessories.
- Maksutov-Cassegrain design delivers high-contrast, diffraction limited 'refractor-like' views, but with much greater magnification, great for visual astronomy or astrophotography
- Highly reflective borosilicate primary and secondary mirrors with quartz overcoat
- The meniscus-shaped corrective lens delivers images completely free of aberration
- Comes with necessary accessories, including a straight-through finderscope and a 2” 90 degree Star diagonal. Just pop it on your mount and start viewing.
- Includes a 12mm 2" LET (long eye relief) eyepiece
- Black V-style dovetail plate is compatible with many mounts
In the box
- Sky-Watcher 180mm Maksutov-Cassegrain OTA 2700 mm (f/15)
- 9x50 straight-through finder scope
- 2” 90 degree Star diagonal
- 28mm 2" LET (long eye relief) eyepiece
- Black V-style dovetail plate