About the Sky-Watcher Skymax 127 Maksutov-Cassegrain Telescope
Astronomers after vivid and highly magnified views of the moon, planets and narrow-field deep-space objects, such as planetary nebulae and globular clusters, will love this telescope, since it's Maksutov-Cassegrain (MAK) design combines a full 5" aperture with very long focal length (meaning higher magnifying power).
The MAK design is especially suited for city-dwelling astronomers who need a grab-n-go telescope for transport to darker viewing areas. Furthermore, the long focal length has the effect of 'cutting through' light-pollution, making backyard astronomy possible in less than ideal conditions.
Due to its MAK design and Sky-Watcher's professional grade optics, the Skymax 127 achieves contrasty, refractor-like sharpness at a fraction of the price and a fraction of the bulkiness. A similar sized refractor would need to be several times longer to achieve similar magnification, necessitating a much heftier mount.
- Maksutov-Cassegrain design delivers high-contrast, diffraction limited 'refractor-like' views, but with much greater magnification, great for visual astronomy or astrophotography
- Highly reflective borosilicate primary and secondary mirrors with quartz overcoat
- Meniscus-shaped corrective lens delivers images completely free of aberration
- Comes with necessary accessories, including a 6x30 straight-through finderscope and a 2” 90 degree Star diagonal. Just set it atop your mount and start viewing.
- Includes a 28mm 2” LET long eye-relief eyepiece
- Black V-style dovetail plate is compatible with many mounts
In the box
- Sky-Watcher 127mm Maksutov-Cassegrain OTA 1500 mm (f/12)
- 6x30 straight-through finderscope
- 1.25” 90 degree Star diagonal
- 25mm and 10mm Super Plössl eyepieces
- Black V-style dovetail plate
- Soft travel bag
- Sky-Watcher's Two Year Warranty