About the Sky-Watcher Skymax 102 Maksutov-Cassegrain Telescope
A Maksutov-Cassegrain (MAK) telescope is ideal for detailed, highly magnified views of lunar and planetary objects, as its design allows wide apertures combined with very long focal length (meaning higher magnifying power). For the same reasons, narrow-field, deep-sky objects, such as planetary nebulae and globular clusters, are on brilliant display.
The MAK design is especially suited for city-dwelling astronomers who need a grab-n-go telescope for transport to darker viewing areas. Furthermore, the long focal length has the effect of 'cutting through' light-pollution, making backyard astronomy possible in less than ideal conditions.
The Skymax 102 has refractor-like optics, but in a much more compact package and with much higher magnification potential, even without Barlow lenses or other accessories.
- Maksutov-Cassegrain design delivers high-contrast, diffraction limited 'refractor-like' views, but with much greater magnification, great for visual astronomy or astrophotography
- Highly reflective borosilicate primary and secondary mirrors with quartz overcoat
- Meniscus-shaped corrective lens delivers images completely free of aberration
- Comes with necessary accessories, including a red dot finder and a 1.25” 90 degree Star diagonal. Just pop it on your mount and start viewing.
- Includes two Plössl eyepieces (10mm and 25mm)
- Black V-style dovetail plate is compatible with many mounts
In the box
- Sky-Watcher 102mm Maksutov-Cassegrain OTA 1300 mm (f/12.7)
- Red Dot finder
- 1.25” 90 degree Star diagonal
- 25mm and 10mm Super Plössl eyepieces
- Black V-style dovetail plate
- Soft travel bag