About the Sky-Watcher Evostar ProED ED 80mm F/7.5 Doublet APO Telescope
This is the first choice for the astronomer looking for an advanced APO instrument, capable of the sharpest, professional-grade astrophotography obtainable in a portable profile.
Sky-Watcher have utilized industry standard extra-low dispersion Schott BK-7 and FPL-53 ED glass to virtually eliminate chromatic aberration. The light tube interior is baffled and black matte finished to do away with light scatter. Coupled with the 2" Crayford-style focuser, this is a very capable machine for astrophotography.
Consider that compared to a triplet APO design, this APO doublet is more versatile. A doublet, due to its simpler design offers superior, higher contrast visual performance. Also, less glass means less weight, making this 80mm refractor a true grab-and-go, which can be used with a more modest (and less expensive) mount.
- 80mm aperture and 600 mm focal length (f/7.5) refractor design suited to moderately wide-field visual observation and astrophotography
- Grade-A optical design and matched lens system achieving apochromatic images in a light weight, nimble profile.
- Light-baffle system and interior matte finish inhibit light scatter for better contrast
- Dual-speed 2" Crayford-style focuser with 1.25" adapter offers fine focus and versatility
- Comes with key accessories, such as an 8x50 erect-image finderscope, a 2" dielectric diagonal, two 1.25" long eye relief eyepieces (20mm and 5mm), tube-ring attachment hardware, and a foam-lined aluminum carrying case
In the box
- Sky-Watcher Evostar ProED ED 80mm OTA
- Dual-speed 2” Crayford-type focuser with 1.25” adaptor
- 8x50 RA erect-image finderscope
- 2” dielectric diagonal
- 20 mm and 5 mm 1.25”eyepieces
- Tube-ring attachment hardware
- Aluminum carry case
- Sky-Watcher 2 year warranty
|Optical Design||ED Doublet|
|Lens Coatings||Fully Multi-Coated|
|True Aperture (mm)||80|
|Primary Aperture (mm)||80|
|Focal Length (mm)||600|
|Light Gathering (compared to next size down)||24%|
|Focuser||2" Dual Speed Crayford|
|OTA Length (Retract/Ext.)||22.5"|
|OTA Outer Diameter||4.5625"|
|OTA Weight (with accessories)||7.3|
|Included Finder||8x50 RACI|
|Included Diagonal||2" Dielectric|
|Included Eyepieces||25mm LET/5 Planetary|
|Magnification w/ Included Eyepieces||30x/120x|