About the Sky-Watcher Evostar ProED ED 120mm F/7.5 Doublet APO Telescope
For the astronomer who wants an advanced instrument for astrophotography but who doesn't want to sacrifice visual observation performance, this Sky-Watcher Evostar 120 is a great choice.
This is an advanced instrument capable of professional-grade, moderately wide-field astrophotography. Sky-Watcher have utilized A-grade Schott BK-7 and FPL-53 ED glass to render true color images. Lenses are treated with propietary MHC coatings to enhance contrast, and the light tube interior is baffled and black matte finished to do away with light scatter.
Consider that compared to a triplet APO design, this APO doublet is much more versatile. A doublet, due to its simpler design, offers superior, higher contrast visual performance. Also, less glass means less weight, making portability a real option and allowing use with smaller (and less expensive) mounts.
- 120mm aperture and 900 mm focal length (f/7.5) refractor design suited to moderately wide-field visual observation and astrophotography
- Grade-A optical design and matched lens system achieving apochromatic images in a light weight, nimble profile.
- Light-baffle system and interior matte finish inhibit light scatter for better contrast
- Dual-speed 2" Crayford-style focuser with 1.25" adapter offers fine focus and versatility
- Comes with key accessories, such as an 8x50 erect-image finderscope, a 2" dielectric diagonal, two 1.25" long eye relief eyepieces (20mm and 5mm), tube-ring attachment hardware, and a foam-lined aluminum carrying case
In the box
- Sky-Watcher Evostar ProED ED 120mm OTA
- Dual-speed 2” Crayford-type focuser with 1.25” adaptor
- 8x50 RA erect-image finderscope
- 2” dielectric diagonal
- 20 mm and 5 mm 1.25”eyepieces
- Tube-ring attachment hardware with V-style doveplate
- Aluminum carry case
- Sky-Watcher 2 year warranty