About the Sky-Watcher Evostar ProED ED 100mm F/9 Doublet APO Telescope
For the astronomer after the true-color rendition of an ED apochromatic astrograph, but also the superior visual observation performance of a doublet design, this scope strikes the perfect balance.
This is an advanced instrument capable of high quality astrophotography. Schott BK-7 and FPL-53 ED glass have been matched and fully MHC coated to virtually eliminate chromatic aberration and enhance contrast. The light tube interior is baffled and black matte finished to do away with light scatter.
Consider that compared to a triplet APO design, this APO doublet is much more versatile. A doublet, due to its simpler design offers superior, higher contrast visual performance. Also, less glass means less weight, making this 100mm refractor quite portable, and able to be used with a more modest (and less expensive) mount.
- 100mm aperture and 900 mm focal length (f/9) refractor design suited to medium-field visual observation and astrophotography
- Grade-A optical design and matched lens system achieving apochromatic images in a light weight, nimble profile.
- Light-baffle system and interior matte finish inhibit light scatter for better contrast
- Dual-speed 2" Crayford-style focuser with 1.25" adapter offers fine focus and versatility
- Comes with key accessories, such as an 8x50 erect-image finderscope, a 2" dielectric diagonal, two 1.25" long eye relief eyepieces (20mm and 5mm), tube-ring attachment hardware, and a foam-lined aluminum carrying case
In the box
- Sky-Watcher Evostar ProED ED 100mm OTA
- Dual-speed 2” Crayford-type focuser with 1.25” adaptor
- 8x50 RA erect-image finderscope
- 2” dielectric diagonal
- 20 mm and 5 mm 1.25”eyepieces
- Tube-ring attachment hardware with V-style doveplate
- Aluminum carry case
- Sky-Watcher 2 year warranty