Designed by Explore Scientific, the FirstLight Series Telescopes come with everything necessary to open the box, head outside and begin viewing right away.
The Maksutov-Cassegrain design of this instrument allows you to enjoy the impressive light gathering capacity of its full five-inch aperture while taking advantage of the magnifying power of its 1900mm focal length. This means it is ideal for astonomers who want a compact telescope, capable of delivering crisp, highly magnified images of objects in our solar system and beyond.
The Twilight I Altazimuth Mount is designed to be versatile and stable. Worm gears on both axes allow for smooth adjustment, while the adjustable angle head can be tilted forward or back at a 45° angle to allow you to point your telescope all the way to the zenith.
Slow-motion control cables with over-sized knob handles are easy to turn even in the dark and cold. They can be attached to either side of each axis to accommodate right or left-handed users, or different types of telescopes (e.g. refractors vs. Newtonian reflectors) for ease of adjustment.
- Generous aperture combined with f/15 focal length provide vivid views and high, effective magnification of solar system objects and beyond
- Closed, compact MAK design is relatively maintenance-free and portable
- Versatile mount with slow motion controls
- Tripod has a wide footprint of 42 inches and a spreader lock bar, making it a very stable and vibration-minimized platform
- Comes with all components necessary for immediate viewing
In the Box
- FirstLight MAK127mm White Tube Maksutov-Cassegrain with 1900mm focal length f/15 telescope
- Twilight 1 Alt/Az mount
- 1.25" 90° Diagonal
- Plossl 25mm eyepiece
- Red-dot Finder
- Smartphone Camera adapter
|Description||FirstLight MAK127mm White Tube Maksutov-Cassegrain with 1900mm focal length f/15 with Twilight 1 Alt/Az mount|
|Comes With||One 25 mm Plössl Eyepiece, Red Dot Viewfinder, Computer Software|
|Adapter||Smartphone Camera adapter|
|Eyepiece (Included)||25mm Plossl|
|Mount Type||Twilight I Alt/Az|