FirstLight AR102 Doublet Refractor f/9.8 with Twilight 1 Mount Overview
This FirstLight Explore Scientific refractor telescope is a rugged, simple-to-use space exploration device perfect for the budding or developing astronomer. It has enough light gathering ability to bring clear, detailed images of solar system treasures and beyond.
The included Twilight 1 altazimuth mount is designed for convenience and versatility; the adjustable angle head can be tilted forward or back at a 45° angle so you can point it straight up for viewing at the zenith. Slow motion cables with over-sized turning knobs make target location easy in the dark or even in cold, glove weather.
The complete telescope package is rounded out with 2.5" hexagonal focuser, a 2" 90° diagonal mirror, a Plossl 25mm eyepiece, and an HD132 red-dot finder. Finally, a smartphone camera adapter is included so that you can capture the images along the way.
- Nice, wide 102mm aperture - Many astronomers recommend a minimum 80mm size aperture for a first refractor telescope. This 102mm has 60% more light gathering power, ensuring clearer, brigher images.
- Achromatic optics - This doublet telescope utilizes two quality glass lenses to correct most of the color aberration inherent in refractor telescopes. Also, the lenses are fully multi-coated. The result is high contrast images that avoid color fringes around the edges found in lesser telescopes.
- Sturdy, easy to use mount - the Twilight 1 Mount is known for its ease of use and stability, so important for the enjoyment of a beginning astronomer and for quick viewing sessions. An accessory tray also acts as a spreader bar for increased rigidity. Slow motion cables with over-sized knobs make adjustment easy. Plus, they can be installed on either side of the axes to accommodate left-handed users or different types of telescopes if needed.
- Large, sturdy focuser - The 2.5" hexagonal rack-and-pinion focuser really sets this telescope apart in this price range. It means images will be very stable, even when loaded with heavier accessories (like a cellphone or other camera). The 2" drawtube will allow users to upgrade to 2" eyepieces later, if desired.
- Complete package - This comes with everything needed to start astronomy the night you open the box: a 25mm Plössl Eyepiece, a red dot viewfinder, and even a smart-phone adapter for taking photos. Finally, a 2" to 1.25" reducer allows you to use smaller diameter eyepieces.
In the box
- First Light AR102mm Doublet Refractor telescope with 1000mm focal length
- Twilight 1 Altazimuth Mount
- 1.25" 25 mm Plössl Eyepiece allowing for 40x magnification
- Smartphone adapter
- Red Dot Viewfinder
- 90° 2" Diagonal
|Comes With||• Smartphone Adapter
• One 25 mm Plössl Eyepiece
• Red Dot Viewfinder
|Maximum usable magnification||175x|
|Focal Length||1000mm focal length|
|Adapter||2.5" Hexagonal Focuser; 2" 90° Diagonal|
|Mount Type||Twilight 1 Alt/Az mount|