If you are looking to start out with something a little larger than a beginner scope and want to spend the time to learn the sky instead of relying on a computer to slew the scope over to each object, this is the package for you The A80Mf attached to the Porta II Mount moves easily and is stable when stopped. No tweaking of the hand controls is necessary like some other brands. A perfect telescope for the beginner astronomer or an ideal first telescope for a child.
With Vixen's Universal Dove Tail system, this can mount on any of the Vixen mounts. The A80Mf is an Achromatic Refractor with 80mm (3.2”) of aperture. Its focal length is 910mm (3 ft.) with an f ratio of 11.4. Its light gathering is 130 times better than the human eye and has a maximum (realistic) power of 144X. It is easily transported to your observing site for quick set up and viewing. It weighs only 5.5 lbs. and is covered by Vixen Optics 5 Year Warranty.
- A 80mm (3.2”) optical tube.
- A smaller 6 power finder telescope that attaches to the main scope to help you center the object.
- A 20mm eyepiece for general viewing.
- A 6.3mm eyepiece for those really clear nights, for high power viewing.
- A diagonal Prism that connects the eyepiece to the telescope.
- A Dew / Sun shield.
- A Complete tube rings and dovetail plate to quickly attach the A80Mf to the Porta Mount.
- Porta Mount with locking extension legs, accessory tray, flexible handle slow motion controls, adjustment tool set and removable mount head.
Optical Design: Achromatic Refractor
Focal Length: 910mm
Focal Ratio: f/11.4
Coating: Multi Coating
Resolving Power: 1.45 arc sec
Limiting Magnitude: 11.3
Light Gathering Power: 131x
Finder Scope: 6x30mm Finder; Field of View 7°
Adapter Thread: 42mm/ For T-Ring
Visual Back: 31.7mm Push Fit
Optical Tube Length: 33.8” (860mm)
Optical Tube Diameter: 3.5” (90mm)
Optical Tube Weight: 5.5 lb
Accessories: PL20mm; PL6.3mm; 31.7mm Erect Image Diagonal
Mount: Port II Altazimuth Mount
Tripod :Aluminum 2 section adjustable; 90cm to 13cm
Mount Weight: 15 lb including tripod
Load Capacity: 15 lbs
Vertical and Horizontal Slow Motion: 120Tooth Wheel Gears whole circle movement; Friction control system
Telescope Attachment: Dove Tail Plate
Accessories: Flexible Slow Motion Handles (2)