About the Sky-Watcher Flextube 300P 12" Collapsible Dobsonian Telescope
With the turn of a few screws, you'll be able to pop this Dobsonian in your car for transport to your local dark viewing spot, where you'll best take advantage of its enormous light gathering aperture.
Most large truss tube Dobsonians tackle the portability problem through disassembly. This can often lead to frustrating and time-consuming reassembly experiences. Sky-Watcher instead makes use of an innovative collapsible design. Simply loosen three locking screws and collapse the assembly until the front cell and rear cell meet. Tighten the screws for easy transport.
The altazimuth system is the epitome of user-friendliness. Sweeping adjustments can be made with one finger due to teflon bearings for the altitude and needle bearings for the azimuth. A twist of the tension clutch keeps the OTA firmly in place when viewing.
The 12" aperture and fast focal length of this instrument deliver even the faintest deep-space objects to the eyepiece, and brighter objects will render in brilliant detail. Sky-Watcher's dedication to quality design and top-notch components result in an instrument that will delight even seasoned astronomers. The parabolic primary mirror and elliptical diagonal mirror are made of borosilicate glass which are finely polished to ensure high smooth surfaces and high-contrast images. On each mirror surface, aluminum is vacuum deposited and then over-coated with hard quartz (SiO4). Additional layers of Titanium Dioxide (TiO2) and (SiO4) are then applied, resulting in 94% reflectivity and bold-bright images in the eyepiece.
- 305 mm (12 inch) Dobsonian-style Newtonian • 1500 mm focal length (f/4.9) ideal for deep-space visual observation
- 2” single-speed Crayford-style focuser for smooth focusing • 1.25” adapter means that you can use both 2" and 1.25" eyepieces
- Comes with everything you need to start viewing right away, including two 4-element Plössl eyepieces (25 mm and 10 mm) and an 8x50 RA erect-image finderscope
- Solid rocker-mount with Teflon bearings and tension clutch for altitude
- Aluminum plate with needle bearings for azimuth
In the Box
- 12" Sky-Watcher Flextube Dobsonian
- Two 1.25 " eyepieces (25mm and 10mm)
- 8x50 RA erect-image finderscope
- Eyepiece Tray
- Sky-Watcher 2 year warranty
|Primary Aperture (mm)||
|Focal Length (mm)||
|Secondary Diameter (mm)||
|Secondary Obstruction by Area||
8×50 Right Angle Correct Image
25mm and 10mm 1.25″ Super Plossls
|Magnification with Included Eyepieces||
60x (25mm), 150x (10mm)
|Other Included Items||
1.25″ and 2″ eyepiece adapters
|OTA Weight (with accessories)||
Retracted: 36″ Extended: 55″
|Zenith Eyepiece Height||
|OTA Outer Diameter||
|Dobsonian Base Weight||
|Light Gathering (compared to next size down)||
44% (compared to 10″)