The Sky-Watcher Esprit 100 ED APO Refractor is a purpose-built instrument for astrophotography, but is also great for visual astronomy. The triple air spaced optical design completely eliminates color aberrations, while the elite ED glass, fully treated with Sky-Watcher's propietary high-metallic coating, yields light transmission rates rivaling any scope on the market.
Still, the Sky-Watcher designers have gone two steps further to make sure the Esprit stands out among other elite astrographs. The scope comes with a 2-element field corrector, specially designed for this instrument, that guarantees a flat field across the entire imaging plane, much better than any third party field corrector ever could.
Also, the exclusive Helinear Track focusing system, which makes innovative use of bearings within a linear track system, keeps even heavier accessories nice and square inside the focuser, achieving smooth adjustment and zero image shift.
- 100 mm apochromatic 3-element refractor, 550 mm (f/5.5)
- Fully coated optics
- Specially crafted thread-on field corrector
- Helinear Track focusing system maintains flush connections and smooth focusing even when using heavier imaging accessories
- Includes everything you need to start right away, including a Canon camera adapter, a 2-inch star diagonal, 8x50 right angle finderscope D-style dovetail base and padded hard case
In the Box
- Sky-Watcher Esprit 100 ED APO Refractor Telescope
- Thread-on field flattener
- 3.4” rack-and-pinion focuser w/micro focus
- 2” Diagonal w/dielectric coatings
- 8x50 RA erect-image finderscope
- Canon camera adapter
- D-style dovetail base
- Padded hard case
|Primary Aperture (mm)||
|Focal Length (mm)||
Dew Shield Retracted: 18.3″ Dew Shield Extended: 24.5″
|OTA Outer Diameter||
|OTA Weight (with accessories)||
3.4″ Dual Speed R&P
8×50 Right Angle Correct Image
Yes, included field flattener.
|Image Circle (w/ Flattener)||
|Other Included Items||
Canon 48mm camera adapter with spacers