With over 8 inches of light gathering power and a fast focal ratio (3.9), this Carbon Fiber Newtonian 208mm is capable of bringing distant, faint treasures to high resolution at a very generous field of view.
This updated astrograph edition has been scrutinized and updated by astrophotographers to meet their exacting demands for a light-weight instrument with superb reflectivity and top-notch mounting hardware.
High quality photographic images are achievable with this telescope, and the carbon fiber tube makes it extremely light and durable, encouraging frequent use and mobile expeditions.
- Over 8 inches of aperture and aberration-free Newtonian reflector optics mean plenty of light gathering for bright images
- 3.9 focal ratio for fast photography and wide-field views
- Carbon Fiber construction is durable, light weight and minimizes focus shift due to temperature fluctuations
- Tool-free collimation design means you'll always have a fine tuned instrument. The primary cell holder is 'clipless' for better images and lock down to keep the mirror aligned.
- Mirror is treated with high quality 97% reflective EMD coating to virtually eliminate light scatter
- Sturdy 2-inch, 2 speed rack and pinion focuser allows course and fine tuning of images. Unlike some single-speed focusers supplied on similar scopes in this range, this scope is designed to hold focus and keep your eyepiece or imaging accessories in place with its compression ring holder
In the box
- Explore Scientific Carbon Fiber Newtonian 208mm f/3.8 Telescope
- 2-inch, 2-speed focuser with 50mm extension tube and 1.25" adapter
- Finder scope base attached
- Soft carrying case
- Vixen-Style Dovetail
|Description||208mm Newtonian f/3.9 with Carbon Fiber Tube|
|Primary Mirror Diameter||208mm|
|Secondary Mirror Diameter (M.A.)||72mm|
|Resolving Power||.6 arc seconds|
|Optical Tube Assembly Weight||18.3lb|
|Material Primary mirror||Special low expansion H-PZ33|
|Material Secondary mirror||Borosilicate-glass with low thermal expansion, individually matched to main mirror|
|Dovetail||45 mm wide Vixen|