The classic, air-spaced doublet design of this refractor telescope delivers crisp and accurate images, while the mid-ranged focal length allows a comfortable field of view. The ample aperture and quality, fully coated glass reveal the finer atmospheric detail of planets, and on good nights you'll witness the spiral features of distant galaxies.
Sought-after features, such as the 2-inch dual speed focuser and the 8x50 straight finder scope make this an extreme value compared to other 4-inch refractors.
You will appreciate the ability to make macro focusing adjustments with the larger dial and then resolve images to fine detail with the smooth turning smaller dial - at a ratio of 10:1.
This scope strikes a good balance between light gathering ability and portability, so on clear nights it is a convenient instrument for deep space observation, whether at home or on an expedition.
- Air-spaced doublet design provides achromatic images (near apochromatic, while leaving you budget for accessories!)
- 6.5 focal ratio provides bright, wide-field views
- Sturdy 2-inch, 2 speed focuser allows course and fine tuning of images. Unlike some single-speed focusers supplied on similar scopes in this range, this scope is designed to hold focus and keep your eyepiece or imaging accessories in place with its compression ring holder.
- Quick-release straight finder scope is indispensable in locating celestial bodies.
- Cradle rings are sturdy and adjustable, so you can achieve balance and rigidity as you orient your telescope around the sky.
In the box
- Explore Scientific Aluminum 102mm Doublet Refractor Telescope
- 2-inch, 2-speed focuser
- 99% reflective 2" star diagonal mirror.
- Cradle rings with handle
- Vixen-style dovetail rail
- Straight Finder Scope
- 1.25" adapter
⇈ Scroll up to select a free accessory and purchase today at the guaranteed lowest price.
|Tube Length w/ Dew Shield||25.5"; 698mm|
|Finder||8 x 50 Optical|