The Sky-Watcher 8" Classic Dobsonian Telescope stays true to what people love about Dobsonians, a simple-to-use design with exceptional massive light-gathering power. This telescope's full 8" aperture coupled with the ability to easily rotate it on the smooth base make deep sky viewing a joy for the average astronomer.
Although motorized telescopes are great, the simplicity of this design is perfect for the astronomer learning the night sky. Yet Sky-Watcher have included advanced features that the seasoned astronomer will appreciate. The innovative optical design, the ability to use either 2" or 1.25" eyepieces, and the patented Tension Control Handle all set this scope apart from its peers.
- 8” (203 mm) Dobsonian-style Newtonian Telescope with 1200mm focal length (f/5.9)
- The"Parabloidal" shape of the primary mirror and the super-fine (.5mm thick) supports for the secondary mirror eliminate aberration, diffraction spikes and light loss, resulting in crisper, brighter images
- The heavy duty 2" rack and pinion focuser with a 1.25" adapter allows the use of eyepieces and accessories of both sizes.
- With the new Tension Control Handle, the user can easily adjust tension to allow the scope to move or to lock it in place, even when the scope is unbalanced or laden with optical accessories.
- This package includes everything needed for viewing right away, including two Super Plossl Eyepieces (25mm and 10mm) and a 6x30 finderscope
In the Box
- Sky-Watcher 8" f/5.9 Traditional Dobsonian Telescope
- 6x30 Finderscope
- Two Eyepieces, Super Plossl 25mm and 10mm
- 2"-to-1.25" Eyepiece Adapter
- Sky-Watcher Limited Two-Year Warranty