About the Sky-Watcher Flextube 200P 10" Collapsible Dobsonian Telescope
This 10" 'light bucket' gathers enough photons to make you feel like you're traveling through deep space. This is especially true when you've thrown it in your car and headed to your local dark site, which is made incredibly easy thanks to the innovative design of this Dobsonian.
Many truss tube Dobsonians solve the portability problem by being designed to disassemble, which often results in a frustrating (and time-consuming) reassembly experience. Sky-Watcher have instead created a collapsible design. Just loosen three locking screws and bring the front and back cells together. Then lock them back down for transport. Preset indentations on the truss tubes allow you to easily extend the telescope again without losing collimation.
Teflon bearings allow movement so smooth that sweeping adjustments can be made with one finger. A tension clutch keeps the OTA firmly in position with the twist of a lever.
The 10" aperture and fast focal length of this telescope make it ideal for wide-field, deep-space observation of even the faintest nebulae and galaxies. Sky-Watcher's dedication to quality design and top-notch components result in an instrument that will delight even seasoned astronomers. The parabolic primary mirror and elliptical diagonal mirror are made of borosilicate glass which are finely polished to ensure high smooth surfaces and high-contrast images. On each mirror surface, aluminum is vacuum deposited and then over-coated with hard quartz (SiO4). Additional layers of Titanium Dioxide (TiO2) and (SiO4) are then applied, resulting in 94% reflectivity and bold-bright images in the eyepiece.
- 254 mm (10 inch) Dobsonian-style Newtonian • 1200 mm focal length (f/4.7) ideal for deep-space visual observation
- 2” single-speed Crayford-style focuser for smooth focusing • 1.25” adapter means that you can use both 2" and 1.25" eyepieces
- Comes with everything you need to start viewing right away, including two 4-element Plössl eyepieces (25 mm and 10 mm) and an 8x50 RA erect-image finderscope
- Solid rocker-mount with Teflon bearings and tension clutch for altitude
- Teflon bearing for azimuth
In the Box
- 10" Sky-Watcher Flextube Dobsonian
- Two 1.25 " eyepieces (25mm and 10mm)
- 8x50 RA erect-image finderscope
- Eyepiece Tray
- Sky-Watcher 2 year warranty
|Primary Aperture (mm)||
|Focal Length (mm)||
|Secondary Diameter (mm)||
|Secondary Obstruction by Area||
8×50 Right Angle Correct Image
25mm and 10mm 1.25″ Super Plossls
|Magnification with Included Eyepieces||
48x (25mm), 120x (10mm)
|Other Included Items||
1.25″ and 2″ eyepiece adapters
|OTA Weight (with accessories)||
Retracted: 31.5″, Extended: 44″
|Zenith Eyepiece Height||
|OTA Outer Diameter||
|Dobsonian Base Weight||
|Light Gathering (compared to next size down)||
57% (compared to 8″)