Explore Scientific 16" Truss Tube Collapsible Dobsonian Overview
Nowhere do you get as much light gathering capacity for your money as a Dobsonian. Being able to assemble and disassemble such a powerful telescope without any tools makes this a valuable asset to the serious amateur astronomer.
This Explore Scientific model is known for smooth altitude and azimuth adjustments, so important when viewing at high magnification. This is made possible by the over-sized bearing system.
Features of the 16" Truss Tube Dobsonian
- Powerful optics for deep space observations: 16" aperture; 1826 mm focal length; f/4.5 focal ratio
- Quality focuser: 2" two-speed helical focuser with 10:1 speeds. Comes with a 1.25" eyepiece adapter
- Two large radial fans keep air moving across the primary objective mirror for fast thermal equilibrium
- Lightweight and portable two piece design: The objective stores in a self-contained aluminum housing with a lid. The secondary fits inside the aluminum rocker box.
- Easy assembly and collimation: The whole assembly can be done without additional tools, making transport hassle-free. The collimation assist tool gets you to crisp images faster
In the box:
- Explore Scientific 16" f/4.5 Truss Tube Generation II Telescope and Dobsonian Base
- Two-Speed 2-inch Rack & Pinion Focuser with 1.25-inch Adapter
- LED Red Dot Finder
- Collimation Assist Tool
- Two large radial fans for fast thermal equilibrium.
- Flexible Light Weight Light Baffle
- Limited one year Warranty/ transferable to unlimited lifetime warranty when registered within 60 days
ES 16 inch Truss Dob Specifications:
|Primary Mirror Diameter||406mm|
|Secondary Mirror Diameter (M.A.)||72mm|
|Primary Mirror Weight||66.1 lbs|
|Rocker Box Weight||22 lbs.|
|Total Weight||88.1 lbs|