About the Sky-Watcher Skymax 150 Maksutov-Cassegrain Telescope
This powerful, compact Maksutov-Cassegrain (MAK) telescope is ideal for astronomers who are serious about lunar and planetary observation and astrophotography. The generous aperture combined with its 1800mm focal length combine to generate large, bright and detailed views in the eyepiece. For the same reasons, narrow-field, deep-sky objects, such as planetary nebulae and globular clusters, are on brilliant display.
This is a great choice for city dwelling enthusiasts, since MAKs are well-known for their ability to perform well in less than ideal light-polluted situations. Plus the minimal profile makes it the easiest of all the telescope designs to toss in the car and head to the nearest dark sky location.
The Skymax 150 has refractor-like optics, but in a much more compact package and with much higher magnification potential, even without Barlow lenses or other accessories.
- Maksutov-Cassegrain design delivers high-contrast, diffraction limited 'refractor-like' views, but with much greater magnification, great for visual astronomy or astrophotography
- Highly reflective borosilicate primary and secondary mirrors with quartz overcoat
- The meniscus-shaped corrective lens delivers images completely free of aberration
- Comes with necessary accessories, including a straight-through finderscope and a 2” 90 degree Star diagonal. Just pop it on your mount and start viewing.
- Includes a 12mm 2" LET (long eye relief) eyepiece
- Black V-style dovetail plate is compatible with many mounts
In the box
- Sky-Watcher 150mm Maksutov-Cassegrain OTA 1800 mm (f/12)
- 9x50 straight-through finder scope
- 2” 90 degree Star diagonal
- 28mm 2" LET (long eye relief) eyepiece
- Black V-style dovetail plate