About the Sky-Watcher Skymax 127 Maksutov-Cassegrain with AZ-GTi Altaz Mount
This complete package is for the modern astronomer who wants a computerized GoTo viewing system that is simple to use and extremely portable. Why fiddle with clunky hand controllers when this system allows you to control your telescope though an app on your smartphone.
The Maksutov-Cassegrain 127 Telescope
The Skymax 127 is designed for detailed, highly magnified views of narrow-field objects, such as the moon and planets, as it combines its generous 5" aperture with a very long focal length to generate both resolving power and high magnification. For the same reasons, narrow-field, deep-sky objects, such as planetary nebulae and globular clusters, are on brilliant display.
The Az-GTi Altaz Mount
The mount generates it's own local network Wifi signal, allowing connection to a smartphone without the need for the Internet. The easily downloadable SynScan Pro app guides the user through set-up and makes use of its enormous database (42,900 objects) to locate and track your target across the sky. Take a custom tour based on your location and what targets are most visible on a particular night.
Advanced astroimaging features expected of high-grade GoTo systems are all here, such as periodic error correction and backlash compensation. DSLR camera control allows timed shutter control for longer exposures.
The Alt-azimuth mount allows, if desired, easy manual adjustment of the telescope. Such manual adjustment can be more tricky on Equatorial GoTo Mounts. All such movements made through the convenient clutch nobs are registered by the computerized system.
- Maksutov-Cassegrain design delivers high-contrast, diffraction limited 'refractor-like' views, but with much greater magnification, great for visual astronomy or astrophotography
- Very compact compared to refractor or reflector systems with similar aperture and focal length.
- Highly reflective borosilicate primary and secondary mirrors with quartz overcoat
- Meniscus-shaped corrective lens delivers images completely free of aberration
- Comes with necessary accessories, including a finder scope and a 2” 90 degree Star diagonal. Just pop it on your mount and start viewing.
- Includes a 28 mm 2" LET Eyepiece with 20mm eye-relief and twist-up eye-cup
- GoTo Mount is controlled by an updatable smartphone app eliminating the need for a hand controller
- Pier extension adds extra height and clearance to the mount when pointing the OTA towards the zenith
- 42,900 object database and advanced astrophotography tracking features
- Adjustable height aluminum tripod with 1.25” legs, spiked feet and accessory tray
- 11 pound payload capacity
- Vixen-style dovetail connection make both the OTA and the Mount widely compatible
In the box
- Sky-Watcher 127mm Maksutov-Cassegrain OTA 1540 mm (f/12.1)
- AZ-Gti Altazimuth Mount and tripod with pier extension and accessory tray
- 6x30 straight through finder scope
- 2” 90 degree Star diagonal
- 28 mm 2" LET Eyepiece
- 1.25" Adjustable-Height Tripod with Accessory Tray
- Sky-Watcher 2 Year Limited Warranty
Adjustable height, aluminum tripod legs, accessory tray
8 AA batteries or external 12V power supply
800x, 600x, 400x, 200x, 32x, 16x, 8x, 2x, 1x
Sidereal, Lunar, Solar, Alignment-free Solor tracking
Complete Messier, Caldwell, NGC, IC and SAO catalogs, user defined objects. Total 42,900+ objects
|Mounting Saddle Type||
|Focal Length (mm)||
|OTA Outer Diameter||
|Payload Capacity (lbs)||